A press release is one of the marketing strategies deployed by brands, businesses and corporate bodies to increase Return on Investments (ROI).
Press releases are a critical part of online marketing. Businesses use them, individuals use them, and big enterprises use them.
One use of press releases that people commonly overlook, however, is music.
In the music business, official statements are a standard apparatus to grandstand new specialists, collections, or organizations. Shockingly, most artists and individuals in the music business don’t have a clue how to compose an official statement for music. Fortunately, it’s not so hard as it sounds.
The Do’s and Don’ts of Writing a Great Press Release
To turn out quality work, follow this list of do’s and don’ts:
- Be short, precise, and to the point
- Format your press release with plenty of white space and no flashy graphics
- Outline the details, such as exact dates and times and other parties involved
- Reach out to local news and media outlets with your press release
- Proofread it before you publish it
- Write in a self-promotional tone
- Get carried away with images, fonts, and colors
- Rush through the writing of your press release
- Slack on the headline
- Publish a press release even when you don’t have anything newsworthy to share
Steps to Note when composing a Music Press Release
- Know when to use a press release. The first step in learning how to write a press release for music is simply knowing when to use a press release. …
- Include relevant details. …
- Develop a compelling title. …
- Proofread your press release. …
- Keep it simple. …
- Avoid self-promotion